31 August 2016

Current lip products in the rotation:Givenchy, YSL, MAC, Too Faced, Anastasia Beverly Hills

As I was swatching my lip products I was laughing because I always say I am a lip gloss type of girl instead of a lipstick girl, yet you will see that in this post I will feature only one gloss, and five lipsticks.I guess I should just say I am a lipstick girl next time somebody asks me.
As a girl who has a "not that into you face makeup style" the lip products I will talk about are mostly nude, pink or some sort of mauveish pink.Basically different shades of pink is what I mean :) I don't like red, deep dark burgundy lip shades, they are not my type, I don't feel comfortable wearing them.
These 5 lipstick have a couple of things in common, they all are really comfortable to wear, they don't dry out my lips and their longevity is just average, meaning if you eat or drink, or just talk a lot they will come off.But that doesn't bother me, I can easily re-apply them. And that is the other point, they don't necessarily need a mirror in order to be reapplied. I am a low maintenance girl, who doesn't carry all times a mirror therefore easy and effortless application when it comes to lip products is my thing.


L-R:Givenchy Rose Dressing,YSL Rouge Volupte Shine #8, MACPlumful,Patisserie,Too Faced Nude Beach,ABH Mettalic Rose

Givenchy 202 Rose Dressing: probably the most vibrant pink lipstick I own in my collection. Really gorgeous on tanned skin, opaque in one swipe and makes your teeth look whiter.
YSL Rouge Volupte Shine in #8: sheer pink, hydrating and comfortable.The Rouge Volupte Shine collection from YSL has to most beautiful shades of lipstick. If this is not your color you should look into the other ones.
MAC Plumful: I really like this shade especially in the fall/winter time.This is the deeepst color I would ever wear, but I do wear this a lot.
MAC Patisserie: my most worn lipstick out of all, this is a shade that goes with every makeup, day or night.As I look at the swatches it looks really similar to the YSL one, but it isn't that sheer on the lips. This is a shade I will deffinitely repurchase once I run out of it.
Too Faced La Creme in Nude Beach: just like it's name, the most nude out of all, but still on the pinkish nude side.I love this lipstick formula from Too Faced.They are so comfortable and hydrating on the lips,creamy like the name suggests with a really nice shiny finish.

My one and only gloss to talk about is the Anastasia B.H. Lustrous Lipgloss in Metallic Rose. I use to have a similar gloss from Chanel, I guess that is what draw me into this color.I like sparkles in my gloss, and if you like it too then these glosses are really good ones to look into.They are opaque, hydrating(again), the sparkles are not disturbing because they are so so tiny, they mostly just offer a really high shine finish.This color is gorgeous, a mauve-ish pink, I think it really flathers my makeup every time I wear it.


Lastly, the lip liners I use with all of these lip products have again some sort of pink shades. Boldy Bare by MAC is my favorite, this shade of lip liner literally goes with every shade of lipstick or lip gloss.Sort of my lips but better, with a hint of a peach pink. MAC Pro Longwear lip pencil in In Anticipation is my second most used lip pencil. This pears perfectly with Plumful, I got them actually to match each other.But really it is a shade of pink that will match every pink shade of lipstick or lipgloss.This tiny one is an old Dior one, I recently re-discovered my love for it, in the shade 533 Pink Saphire.This is a shade I would wear with my Too Faced lipstick, to give it a more satiny look.I don't know if this is because I have this pencil in my collection for the longest,but this is easier to apply if you have hydrated lips.This doesn't have a creamy formula like the ones from MAC do, but the lasting power is quite good.



What are you current most used lipsticks, lip glosses or lip pencils?


Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment