12 August 2016

My favorite shampoo brand and new hair care routine: Alterna, Oribe,Sebastian, Bumble and Bumble

Funnily enough I decided to write about my new hair care routine just when I made an order for the OUAI Wave Spray.Funny because it means I will have a new product to add to my routine, but since I am currently away from home, I will not recieve it untill the middle of September, so it makes no sense to wait for it. And if the product is as good as everybody says it is, then it deserves its own review.




As mentioned in the title, I want to talk about my favorite shampoo brand: Alterna. I have been an avid user of their shampoos, my favorites being the Bamboo Volume and the Shine one, but for some reason I decided to try out other brands like Redken,Aussie, Kerastase. Decision I will never make again, because I always learn that there is no brand like Alterna when it comes to shampoos. Why I say that? A little background on my hair: I have oily, sensitive scalp, that on top suffers from eczema. Sad but true, I am suffering from eczema for around 10 years now, therefore I have to use shampoos that are great for sensitive scalp and don't agravate my eczema. This shampoo, or Alterna shampoos in general are doing wonders for my hair. I rave about them because they are free of parabens, sulfates, phthalates(I actually have no idea what this is)and synthetic colors. This particular one, the Abundant Volume Shampoo contains ingredients like bamboo extract and maca root which energizes the hair, makes it fuller, shinier, nourished and overall healthier and more managable. I also find that I don't have an oily scalp anymore.I can wash my hair once a week without any problems. Now if these are not good enough reasons to try out the brand I don't know what would be.




As you can see I purchased now the 503 ml size, because I just love it that much, and this is all I want to use from now on, no more venturing out in the shampoo department.


As my routine goes, after I wash my hair I use a conditioner, the one I have currently is just a cheap drugstore one from Pantene. One thing about me: I don't believe in conditioners. I don't have the time or the patience for them.I used expensive conditioners, and I got to the conclusion that they do pretty much nothing if they are washed off after 5 second of application, so I choose not to spend money on them.They are only good to detangle my hair, that's it.

I do like however to invest in good hair oils, treatments, leave in conditioners and masks.The ones I currently have with me are the Oribe Gold Lust Nourishing Hair Oil, Bumble and Bumble Hairdressers Invisible Oil, Sebastian Potion 9 and the good old coconut oil. All of these three products are basically step 3 in my routine that is leave-in conditioners and treatments. I start with the Bumble and Bumble when my hair is damp/towel dry, then I start drying it a bit so I can use my Tangle Teezer to detangle and brush through my hair, then I follow it up with the Oribe and Potion 9, just a pump of each mixed in the palm of my hand applying it just to the ends of the hair, then continue to completely dry my hair. Tip: I never brush my hair while wet or towel dry. I only brush it when its already half dry, this way I don't cause breakage, the hair is prone to break while being wet.

As you would expect from a brand like Oribe the product is amazing, smells amazing and it is really effective in nourishing your hair, leaving it shiny and with no split ends. If you are looking for a great hair oil, check this out. Pricey but worth the money.
Sebastian Potion 9
I have this is the travel size, since I am traveling as I mentioned above, but I had this in the bigger size aswell. I find that the best way to use this product is to warm it up in the palm of your hands and apply it just to the ends of your hair. It nourishes the hair, but it also adds texture to it.
Bumble and Bumble Hairdressers Invisible Oil Protective Primer
The newest addition to my collection, but with first use I instantly fell in love with it. It smells amazing and makes the hair managable, tangle free, shiny and it protects it from the heat and UV damage.

Two of my favorite hair masks are the Sebastian Penetraitt and coconut oil.I don't have my Sebastian mask with me now, but I do have a jar of coconut oil. Both of these products do wonders for your hair, I honestly cannot recommend any other masks for you that give better results. I use almost every single time one of these masks. The coconut oil I apply before, overnight or at least one hour before washing my hair, and the Sebastian I apply after washing my hair, and let it stay for at least half an hour or even hours if I have time.

That is my current hair care routine, and I cannot be more satisfied with it. I have shiny, healthy and split ends free hair.
 I highly recommend you try out the Alterna shampoos, I cannot rave enough about them, I always suggest them to everybody who asks my advice regarding shampoos.


What is your favorite haircare brand, or favorite hair care product?
Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment