19 June 2014

Favorite haircare products and some haircare advice


These two haircare products are my all time favorites, and they deffinitely deserve the HG status. Since using them, my hair feels healthier, it is shiny and without any split ends.



The first product is the Morroccanoil. I am sure you heard about this oil before, but it is true what everybody says.This oil will transfrom the health of your hair, and get rid of your split ends. I started using this ages ago and I don't see myself without it. No matter how many haircare products I buy and try I use this product along with them.
I love everything about this oil, the smell of it is amazing, and quite long lasting on your hair aswell. For me a bottle of 100 ml will last aproximately 1 year even though I use it twice a week, everytime I wash my hair. I use a pump of this to the ends of my hair,(just at the ends,not the whole lenght) let it soak in and then follow  up with a blow dryer to dry my hair. The amount that you should use depends of your hair type and the lenght of your hair. I would advise to start with just one pump, and then if you feel like you need more then use a half pump or one pump more. Otherwise you risk ending up with extra oil on your hair, and that is not what we wish for and it's  also wasting the product. For referrance my hair is mid lenght and quite fine so one pump for me is just enough. This oil also helps blowdrying your hair faster, and that means less heat on the hair.

The other favorite product of mine is the Sebastian Penetraitt hair mask.This is a deep strenghtening and repairing mask. I use this mask once a week, every other time I wash my hair. I leave it on for about one hour, I put my hair up in a bun and blowdry it a little, so the hair cuticles open up from the heat, and the mask can penetrait it better. It says that it should be left on the hair for a couple of minutes but I just leave it on for longer, it deffinitely won't do any damage to the hair. After one hour or so, I wash it off and follow up with the Morroccanoil, and then blowdry and style it. I think this mask can be used as an overnight hairmask aswell, though I haven't tried it that way.
This routine has helped my hair a lot. I no longer have split ends, my hair is shiny, and healthy, everybody complements on it. Of course I have some other haircare products aswell, but these deffinitely deserved a post for their own.


Some other tips I want to share
 I also advise not brushing your hair when it's still wet, or if you must, then use a brush that is targeted for detangling the hair. Also a great tip is when you rinse off the conditioner, try to wash it off with colder water. Cold water will help the hair cuticles to close, (wetting hair and using shampoo does slightly raise the cuticles) so when brushing and towel drying the hair it won't tear as easily. These little tricks also made a difference to my hair.

Let me know if you tried any of these products, and  feel free to share your thoughts on them.


I wish you a lovely day!

No comments:

Post a Comment