23 June 2014

Guerlain Meteorites Pearls and the Hourglass Ambient Powders Comparison

I have seen some comparison reviews about these two products, and since I own both of them, I though I share my thoughts on these.



These two products are created for the same reason, for enhancing the complexion, but the finish I get with them don't really compare. The only similarity I could find is that they are both used as a finishing powder, as a last touch on the makeup, and that they are both inspired to recreate the perfect light. In order to understand the difference between them I think we should compare the finish that they give, and how they are ment to be used.

The Guerlain Meteorites Pearls is a finishing powder that can be used all over the face, aswell under the eyes, to set the concealer. This powder has multiple colors in the mixture, trying to recreate the ideal light. Colors like white, beige, pink, purple, green, they all have their purpose in the color mixture. The white colored pearl will give you a louminous finish, the green and purple will help blurring out imperfections, the beige will add some natural color to the face, and all together these colors will create radiance and a perfected skin look, the ideal light on the skin. It creates almost like a veil on the skin, and as you move your head, you can almost see the different lightning effects, because of the different color combination.


The finish of this powder is silky, and has no coverage. I found that this color mixture, is really flattering for the face, it brightens the complexion, and gives a youthful appearence. I do want to mention, that for oily skin, this is not enough for a setting powder. I would recomand using another powder aswell under this.


The Hourglass Ambient Powders are also finishing powders, they are targeted to recreate different lightning situations, such as dim/radiant/luminous/encandescent/mood/diffused/ethereal light. These all are sepparate shades in sepparate palettes. You can decide on the color shade, depending of the light effect you are looking to achieve.


These powders have a more dewy finish I would say, but also very flattering and perfecting.
Not all of them are made for using on the whole face though. Some of them are best for highlighting the face, or enhance it in some areas.You can use more shades in the same time, on different areas of the face, it all depends what effect do you want to create with them.
I will recomand using another setting powder under this aswell. I find these powders are not enough for prolonging the makeup.


These two powders are both wonderful, in my opinion they don't replace one another. I love them sepparately for their different finish/effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment