20 September 2015

Lifestyle post #1 Diet and workout

I am starting a lifestyle series that will be either about my diet, my workout routine or just in general some inspiration and lifestyle topics.
So far I only shared my love and passion for beauty, but my love and passion for workout and healthy eating is just as important.

To start off these series I wanted to write about my lifestyle in general, what I eat on a regular basis and a couple of things about my workout routine.

Diet/ Food habits: breakfast is by far the most important meal for me. Every morning I start my day with a cup of coffee and a healthy breakfast.
 Healthy breakfast options:
 -fruit with joghurt( 1 banana, 1 joghurt with some waknuts and cinnamon)
 -eggs with avocado and toast ( one slice of toasted bread, 1 boiled egg, 1/4 avocado)
 -tuna salad ( some people find it weird that I eat salad for breakfast, but I quite like it honestly).

For lunch and dinner  my option are not necessarily strict or 100% healthy. It can be even a spagetti, a cream soup, meat with some garnishing like rice or potato. I am attentive to the portions and I try to not consume bread along with the meal. I never eat soup and main dish at once. It's one or the other. I am lucky that my stomach has a limited space.  One thing that I find very important to mention is that I never eat after 6 o' clock.And YES this does work! Everybody will feel a difference with this simple habit!  That is one of my biggest rules is order to be fit and sleep better.  My body can focus on recharging and reviving itself instead of digesting  the food.

What I also like to do, when I feel like I need a bit of detoxing, in the morning I squezze the juice of one lemon in a glass with slightly warm water. Wait about 10 minutes and then continue with coffee and breakfast. This  simple detox cocktail will give you energy and some vitamic C that is always beneficial.

I would say if you eat healthy 80% of the time, and work out you are living a healthy life.

Workout routine/Habits: I tend to work out at least 3 times a week, sometimes even 4-5. My
workouts are usually 1 hour long if not longer and I mostly do aerobics or running. I am addicted to
aerobics. Its fun and makes me feel like I am in my best shape. I have been doing aerobics for more than 10 years now and its by far my preffered way to do sports.
I noticed that whenever I work out in the morning, my day has a better start, I have energy the whole day,my mind feels clear and overall I feel fitter and healthier. It also helps to stop my cravings.

Being consistent, and having a sport routine is very important. Having the ' workout days' planned ahead makes things easier and more organized.

Of course, I fall off the bandwagon every now and then, I am human, and I am not perfect and I don't
wish to be perfect. I will always allow myself a croissant, a Snickers chocolate bar, spagetti or pizza but I will limit myself to a half portion. That is the least I can do, when eating all these ' guilty pleasures' right?


I have so many ideas regarding food and workout topics I cannot wait to share them with you. If you share my passion for sports and healthy lifestyle come back to read my posts.

Do you have a top tip how to live healthy? What is your guilty pleasure?

My next post will be about my trip to Morocco, Marrakech. I will share my pictures and recommendations for food and bargaining in the Souks.



No comments:

Post a Comment