25 September 2015

Preparing for Fall/ Winter in 5 Steps

I know everybody likes Fall/ Winter season, but I am a fan of Spring and Summer, so my heart is crying now that Fall is trully here in every shape and form. Days are getting shorter, the weather is rainy, windy and chilly. If you're like me, trying to survive this period,  I have a couple of  beauty/fashion and also lifestyle advices, how you can make these months pass by easier, not quicker though, and make the best out of it as possible.
When I think about Fall I think about a couple of colors that inspire warmth, cozyness and comfort. I'm talking about colors like nude, brown, grey and burgundy in all of their shades. These are the colors I tend to gravitate towards and incorporate  into my wardrobe and beauty products like nail polish, lipstick, eyeshadows.

Here are my 5 basic steps to welcome the Fall/ Winter season:
     1.Changing the nail color is one of my most basic steps. From bright and pink colors, to nudes, greys and dark burgundy variations. My favorite nail polish brand lately is Sally Hansen, more precisely the Complete Salon Manicure range. Sally Hansen has some amazing nude and grey shades I want to get my hands on as soon as possible.
     2. If during Summer time you skipped the hydrating masks now is the perfect time to move them to the front row of your skincare cabinet. Both for your skin and hair it is very important to add some extra hydration in the colder months. They will thank you for it!
     3. Getting a new haircut and hair color to change your appearance and overall vibe! Nothing better than a new YOU! Chop off the dry and sun damaged ends of your hair, you will feel the instant refreshment!
     4. Take vitamins! With the weather changing our immune system is weakened. It needs time to adapt to the sudden change it goes thru. Before you feel under the weather, go and get some multi vitamins and boost your immune system. Be two steps ahead.
     5. My last and final step is to clean out your wardrobe. You remove some clothing items so you make place for the new ones! Lets face it, we all tend to keep/ horder clothes for 'just in case we decide to wear it one more time ' occasions, but these occasion never trully happen. Say goodbye to those pieces and get some new cozy, warm sweaters. Think about it like this: if you didn't wear it last Fall, for sure you won't this time either.


These are my 5 easy but in my opinion helpful advices to get ready and face the colder months ahead of us.
If you live in a  country with a hot climate all year round, girl I am jealous at you!

How do you prepare yourself for the colder months?Are you a Spring/ Summer girl or a Fall/ Winter girl?


No comments:

Post a Comment