04 September 2014

Nail polish routine


I like my manicure to be simple, but still professionally looking. Despite the fact that I do my manicure twice a week, it is not something I enjoy or look forward to. It is not a relaxing thing for me, I like it to be done quickly, but good.


 The base coat I currently use is the Opi Natural Nail Base Coat, and the top coat is the Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat. The actual nail polish that I chose is always something classic, a red, a classic pink, a nude or some dark color. I have some purple, blue or glitter nail polish aswell for a change but I rarely ever ware  them.

I change my nail color two times a week, every 3 or 4 days. Once it starts chipping, I remove the nail polish, do my manicure and repaint my nails.

So my routine looks like this: I remove the existing nail color, and then I push back my cuticles using a cuticle pusher, then I use a nail file, to reshape my nails. If necessary sometimes I even cut the cuticles.
When I decided on the color that I want to apply (depending on my mood, or if I am indecisive I chose a trusted classic pink one), I use my base coat, follow up with the chosen nail polish, and finish it by applying a coat of Seche Vite.

After my nail polish is dry, I like to use some sort of handcream. Simple, and can be done in 10 minutes or less.

In this picture I feature Hot & Spicy from Opi, it is a salmony coral type of shade with some orange hue to it. This nail polis last really good on the nails, and brings out your tan.






Wish you all a great and lovely day! 

I am currently looking for a good, hydrating cuticle oil. Any recommendations? 



No comments:

Post a Comment