27 December 2014

"In between" skincare products

Belated Merry Christmas to all of you reading this right now! I hope you had an amazing time with your family and friends! Wish you all happiness and healthiness!

Today I wanted to share some thoughts of the products I like to call "in between" skin care items. These are the extras we can incorporate into our skincare routine. These products are not stend alone products, they ment to complete a routine, basically an extra skin care step if you choose to have one.


These three are different yet quite similar products: Avene Thermal Spring Water, Caudalie Beauty Elixir, Melvita Orange Blossom Extraordinary Water.


Lets start with the Avene Thermal Spring Water: this is just a basic thermal water (like Evian, Vichy, La Roche Posay thermal waters) that you spritz onto your face, as a toner, as a refreshing mist, or as a makeup setting spray etc. It is like plain water with some vitamins added, with no scent to it. I personally use it as a toner, both in the  morning and evening after I cleansed my skin. I find it soothing before I apply my makeup, or in the evening before I apply my nighttime skin care products. This is a step that is not a must to follow, it is just how I got used to do it.
I also use this to dampen my Beauty Blender sponge, since the idea of using tap water is something I am not quite into.

Out of these three the one I highly recommend is the Caudalie Beauty Elixir: have you smelled this? It smells ah-mazing. Seriously amazing. The scent is refreshing, uplifting, calming, relaxing, just all things beautiful. I keep this in my purse because I just like spritzing my face with it whenever and wherever I remember to do so,  and the subtle sweet/quite minty smell of it just makes me feel happy. This promises to give luminosity to the skin, and to help with pore minimizing. I didn't noticed any of these  special improvements on my skin, but OH MY G.,  even if it does nothing that it should, it smells divine and I will surely repurchase it. Perfect "in between" product.

Melvita Orange Blossom Extraordinary Water: my least favorite out of these three, I already did a blogpost about it, so I won't go into details. Because I didn't want to waste the product, I incorporated it into my nighttime skin care routine, and I started using it in conjunction with the moisturizing oil that I use at nigh time. You know, face oils ment to be used with some sort of water so ...that is its role currently.


You can purchase the Caudalie Beauty Elixir and the Melvita Water at Feelunique.com. Feelunique happens to have some amazing sale going on right now, so don't miss the opportunity to check it out! The Avene Spring Water is tough to find online, so maybe if you are en route to France, you can find it in the French Pharmacy.

Tomorrow I will be posting a makeup look using the Urban Decay Naked 1 pallette. It will be a Holiday party makeup look, one that I hope you will like and also find helpful! So keep on eye on it! 

Wish you all a happy and relaxing Saturday! 


No comments:

Post a Comment