06 December 2014

Thoughts on my setting powders


Using a setting powder, especially one that controls the oils break thru is a must step for me. I have combination to oily skin.Though I use foundations that are targeted for my oily skintype, that solely is not enough to get me thru a minimum of 12 hour wear of makeup, so I do need the help of setting powders.


Today, I wanted to talk you thru the setting powders that I currently own, and share some of my thoughts  about them:



    1.Chanel Poudre Universelle in the shade 20 Claire Translucent 1: this is a gorgeous powder, but it is not for keeping oils at bay. At least it doesn't do that for me.It makes your foundation look flawless thats true, but after about 3 hours I can already see the oil break thru. Considering this is pretty expensive for what it does, I do not suggest you buy this..
    2.Diorskin Poudre Libre in 002 (sample size, got this from one of my friends who used to work in a makeup store): now this is the best out of all of the powders I own that controls oil, sets the makeup beautyfully and makes it last all day.I am not joking, when I use this powder to set my foundation I still have my makeup intact even after a good 12 hours of wear. It makes your skin look velvety, poreless and just perfect. I love it especially when used with my Giorgio Armani Lasting silk foundation.
    3.Bourjois Healthy Balanace Unifying Powder in the shade #53 Beige Claire: the consistency and formula of this powder is very mild and velvety. I do enjoy using it. This is a good setting powder, does a good job in controlling the oil production, and considering its price and that it's compared to the Chanel Les Beiges Healthy Glow sheer powder it deffinitely worths a try.
    4. MUFE Duo Mat Powder Foundation in the shade 205 Medium Beige : this is a foundation, but I use it as a setting powder. I noticed that in winter time it does make my dry patched more obvious so I mostly use it in the summertime over my foundation. It does give an extra coverage, that sometimes is wellcomed. Alone, as a powder foundation I only tried it a couple of times and I don't remember likeing it. 
    5. Hourglass Ambient Lightning Powder Palette: these powders are powders that ment to be used to add that extra glow and flawless finish to the skin. these are not ment to control oil, so I don't expect them to do that. I use this in conjunction with the above mentioned powders. These are trully one of a kind powders that give a perfected/illuminated and radiant finish to the skin. This is a must have for any beauty lover.

    6. Guerlain Meteorites Perles in Teint Rose 01 : just like the Hourglass powders, this does not control the oil, and does not mattify the skin, it's ment to give the skin a healthy, glowy  finish. These type of powders ment to illuminate the skin living it radiant.

I previously compared the Hourglass Ambient Powders to the Guerlain Meteorites Perles, you can check my review by clicking here

Out of all of these, the most practical to keep in your purse as a touch up powder is deffinitely the Bourjois and the MUFE one. But you will need to have a separate brush or powder puff to apply it. The Chanel powder and the Guerlain  Meteorites Perles are not practical at all for travelling,or keeping in your purse for obvious reasons,  considering how big and bulky their packaging is. 


I like using  loose powders more then compact ones, don't know why, I just feel they perform better for some reason.


I  am considering buying the La Mer  "The Powder" in the future, I heard so many good things about it. If you own it please share your thoughts, or if you own any of these powders I have mentioned, comment below telling me if you like them.

Any other recommendations?

No comments:

Post a Comment