25 January 2015

Daytime soft eye look with a pop of color


The main focus of this look are deffinitely the eyes. I tried to create a soft daytime appropriate eye look using some eyeshadows I raved about recently, and for fun I used some color just to make it more interesting.
There is no doubt that the Loreal L'Ombre Pure eyeshadows are some of my favorite eyeshadow as of late and I reach for them a lot ever since I got them.
I started off with some basic steps like priming my eyelids with the MUFE eyeshadowprimer, filled in my eyebrows with Anastasia Dip Brow Pomade, then I worked on the eyeshadow look.
First I used the shade Venus from UD Naked basics palette to highlight under the brow bone and in the inner corners of my eyes, then I used the shade Naked 2 from the same palette as a transition color in the crease.
For the next step I used sticky tape just to help me create a well defined shape for the eyeshadows.I wanted a more elongated eye shape for this look. I took the Loreal Smoky 301 shade and used it on my outer V, then I applied the Loreal Nude 204 Eyeshadow with a dampened eyeshadowbrush on the rest of my eyelid. This way it turned out to have a metallic foil finish rather then a powdery one.I used this eyeshadow on my lower lashline aswell, along with a purple eyeshadow *Exclusive from the Too Faced palette. It just seemed interesting to add this color to the look. I also used softy in the crease area a  mixture of Faint from UD basics, the pink *Boytoy shade , and again the same purple *Exclusive, just to add that slight pop of color in the crease area aswell.





On the rest of my face: By Terry Cover Expert Foundation in Honey Beige 09, Armani corrector in nr 1,Kevin Aucoin Glow Duo in nr 4 to softly contour ,then Mac Harmony Blush to set my contour, Laura Mercier Matte radiance baked powder Highlight 01, and Mac Well Dressed as my blush.
Mascara: Chantecaille Faux Cils Mascara in Black
Lips: Clarins Water Lilly Gloss Prodige 09




Do you like this look? I try to be more creative with my looks recently, a pop of color here or there, and I get compliments on it, which is quite good I guess.

What are you up to today? I kind of feel like going make up shopping...Does this happen to you?

Happy Sunday!

2 comments: