12 July 2016

Skincare Week| Cleansers| Oskia, Clinique, Liz Earle

Cleansers are one of my favorite type of skin care products. As much as I like putting on makeup, I like to take it off aswell. I like products that melt my makeup off is seconds and add hydration to the skin.
Oskia Renaissance Cleansing Gel


 Labeled as a gel but, but actually not quite a gel, not quite a balm, not quite an oil, somewhere in between, a 3 in 1 product. The formula, when you first apply it is a gel, then once you start massaging it, it becomes an oily balm, that is very emollient and very good in removing the makeup. It has a nice, calming scent, leaves your skin feeling super clean, plumped and hydrated

Clinique Take the Day Off Makeup Remover for Lids Lashes &Lips


The Take the Day Off cleanser range by Clinique is really popular, especially the Take The Day Off Balm. I had the balm on my wishlist initially, but since it is sold out every time I want to purchase it, I decided to go with the liquid version. So so easy to use, and it takes off the makeup in seconds. Non drying, leaves the skin feeling fresh and clean. If the balm version is just as good as the liquid version then I will keep hunting it untill I finally find it in stock.

Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser


I purchased this after reading only good reviews about it. Maybe I shouldn't believe everything I hear or read..? Using a hot cloth cleanser is a brilliant method to take the makeup off. There is something about steaming your face for like a minute with the hot cloth, that makes the procedure more SPA like. As much as I like the feeling and the idea, I can't fall in love with this particular product. The formula is basically a thick cream, with a very very toothpaste kind of scent, very pepperminty and eucalytus that I am not a fan of. I wish it would smell as shea butter, since that is an ingredient aswell.  As a makeup remover, is does the job, nothing spectacular, I  have to almost rub my mascara for it to come off properly. Out of the three cleansers this is the one I wouldn't repurchase, or recommend.

These are my current makeup cleansers. Once I run out of them I will get the Emma Hardie Moringa Cleansing Balm and I am also very curious about the Tata Harper Regenerating Cleanser. Any thoughts and reviews on these?

Tomorrow I will write a review about my daytime and nighttime skin care routine. See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment