15 May 2016

Is being Vegan or Vegetarian a fancy thing these days?

I am sure everybody noticed that in the last few years a lot of people changed their lifestyle by going vegan or vegetarian. Whether it was a conscious decision to be healthy, or they made the change because they were influenced by the bloggers and celebrities, is something I am not sure we have the answer to.
I will start by saying that I am not a nutritionist, I don't have any medical degree, this is just my personal thoughts and experience.

In my opinion being vegan or vegetarian is healthier, if you are doing it the right way! The right way, meaning, you get your daily protein intake from other sources than meat. That shouldn't be a problem considering vegetables such as kale, spinach, broccoli, mushrooms, avocados, beans, lentils, nuts etc. all have high level of protein.
In time, you will loose your extra body weight, you don't have to count kalories, you will feel better and younger. You will have all that extra energy your body previously needed to digest the meat. And of course there are some extra benefits like healthier hair and nails, proper bowel function, etc. *not to mention you are saving the life of the animals, and the environment*

Back to the question if being vegan or vegetarian is fancy or not? I do believe we had a big influence from celebrities and bloggers, but it was actually a good type of influence,the kind that  people needed to make the change. Influenced or not, the important thing is that we realised the health and environmental benefits of having such a lifestyle, and that is the best thing in my opinion.

With this post, I don't want to influence anybody to change their lifestyle, I respect everybodies opinion, because we are all entitled to that.



What do you think about this topic?

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment