16 April 2016

What I ate these days | Vegan Healthy and Easy Food Options

If you read my recent lifestyle post you know that  I made a change in my diet,  I don't eat meat anymore, or at least on a very rare occasion. As I mentioned there, this wasn't because of health reasons, this is just what my body wants and dictates at the moment.
A conscious change that I made is to eat vegan once in a while, to be more attentive with what I am eating and how I am fueling my body, I like to eat at least two or three days a week vegan. I am amazed how many food options are out there, all you need is a little bit of creativity. For anyone that is scared of trying out vegan dishes, because they are afraid of it being boring and tasteless, they couldn't be more wrong.

I would like to share a few of my favorite meal options.  I find them very tasty, easy to make, and not to mention healthy.


What usually eat for breakfast:
Fruits I only consume as my breakfast, therefore my breakfast are meals where I can mix in some fruits like bananas, kiwis, mangos. Some of my favorite options are:
- oats (cooked with water or almond/coconut milk) with banana, cinnamon and walnust
- Toast with peanut butter, banana and cinnamon
- Coconut whipped cream with fruits and walnuts.
I admit I am really repetitive when it comes to my breakfast, but my reason is that I really like desserts and these three breakfast options are basically just that for me. How a nice way to start the day.

What I eat for lunch and dinner:
- A couple of pieces of falafel with a side of salad and optionally potatoes.
- Hummus and avocado wrap, with some cucumber and tomatoes, additionally carrots and paprika.
- Crackers with hummus, avocado, olive paste, with a side of a mixed salad.
- Brown rice, with sweet corn, green onion and almonds is also phenomenal. Great side dish, or just as it is alone, is very tasty, and gives you a ton of energy.

I also really enjoy eating sweet potato, cream soups such as broccoli, mushroom or pumpkin soup.

The choices are endless, I could go on and on.

What are your favorite vegan dishes? Share them below, I am opened to any new ideas.




Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment