11 August 2014

ByTerry Ombre Blackstar

I had a blogpost about a haul that I made from SpaceNK, and one of the items that I purchased was the ByTerry Ombre Blackstar cream eyeshadow in the color Blue Obsession/ nr.14.


In this look I used it as an eyeliner, perfect for a daytime look. For the wing I had to use an eyeliner brush to help me create it.






Pros:
 -stays on all day long
- doesn't smudge or fade away during the day
- sets quickly, almost instantly after application
- you can use it as an eyeliner, an all over eyeshadow, as a base, or to create a smokey eye
- allthough it is long wearing it is easy to remove with a makeup remover, cleanser
- doesn't crease

Cons: I only have one con I could find * one that in my opinion is pretty significant, especialy when choosing which color to get* thinking that these pencils should be our best friends when we are in a hurry and we want an effortless look, with just one swipe of this, blended in with a finger, that still gets lot of compliments... So that con is: 
- allthough it is a good thing that it sets quickly, for this particular color it can be a con because being a dark color, you have to apply it carefully and blend it really good and with a brush, fingers won't do the job, harsh unblended lines and messy looking makeup is something you don't want..


Final thoughts: overall this pencil is really good and I reccomend it highly if you are willing to pay  28£ for it. As I said, for an easy 1 minute eye makeup look try the neutral shades, because this needs some extra attention to it. I am thinking of purchasing another one of these, debating between Blond Opal or Frozen Quartz. Who knows, anyways you will see it in a haul.

You can get it from SpaceNK here for 28£. 
I thought I share some pictures that ispired me to buy this color :




Do you own one of these cream eyeshadow?What are your thoughts on them/which one do you recomend I should get next?




No comments:

Post a Comment