23 August 2014

Most used brushes| My favorites

Today I will talk you thru my most used makeup brushes and share my thoughts about them, how I like to use them and why.

These brushes are my favorite brushes to use. I use them on an everyday basis, and they are the only ones I choose to pack in my makeup bag whenever I am travelling.
So these brushes are all I need to create a flawless look:


The first brush is the Bruffing brush from Real Techniques. This brush is perfect for full coverage application of both powder or liquid foundation, and it is my favorite for this purpose. I also use this brush to work the setting powder into my foundation. It buffs the powder into the skin so amazingly. You can also use this to contour the face  with the sides of the brush, or even to apply your cream blush.
My second favorite face brush is also from RT, and it is the Contour brush. As the name suggests, it is mainly used to apply the contour color and highlighter onto the face. But sometimes I like using it to set my undereye concealer, or to apply powder on the T-zone area.

If you are curios and haven't tried the Real Techniques brushes then I highly recommend you take a look at them, they are very good quality brushes, at a very good price. These two brushes come in a set called the Core Collection Kit by Real Techniques, available at iherb.com or feelunique.com.

My most used eye brush is the E25 Blending brush by Sigma, available here. I use this brush to apply eyeshadow all over the lid, to apply the crease color, to blend out harsh lines. It is soft and easy to use, very versatile. All in one, with this single brush you an easily create an eye look.

My last but not least favorite is the Beauty Blender sponge, available beautbay.com or sephora.com. This sponge is not cheap but it will change your world. Versatile and easy to use, I think everybody should at least try it and see how amazing this sponge is. I use it to apply my foundation, to apply my concealer, then to set my concealer and foundation with a powder. You can also use this to apply
your blush. When you use it dampen the sponge and squezze out, then just dot makeup on your face and then bounce the sponge gently onto the makeup, blend with a patting motion. 

These 3 brushes and the beautyblender are truly the ones you will need on a daily basis, if you are in a hurry in the morning, if you are packing for a vacation, or you are just starting out with makeup, and you are considering some makeup brushes. 

What are your favorite makeup brushes? I am interested in hearing your suggestions and reccomendations. I want to build my makeup brush collection and try out some new brushes.

I hope I shared something insteresting for you today and I wish you all a nice and relaxing weekend!

2 comments: