01 October 2014

Makeup when you are sick

I have been feeling sick over these past few days, so I have been staying home basically the whole day. You know that feeeling, when you are sick, you feel like doing nothing but drinking a hot tea, taking your medicine and browsing your TV or watching Youtube videos. I just descriped my last few days.
Your skin feels and looks dry, and dull, your eyes are swollen, and overall you don't like what you see when you look into the mirror. At least this is how I felt, untill I went and applied some makeup, that instantly changed my mood. I cheated a healthy looking skin, and though my body was lacking energy, on the outside I looked quite healthy. So here is what I did:
1. To hydrate my skin I did a DIy face mask. I basically mixed one teaspoon of yogurt with a couple of drops of olive oil, mixed it together and applied it on my face and neck area, waited for about 25 minutes till it dried, and washed it off with a damp facecloth. My skin felt smoother and brighter, thanks to the yogurt, plumped and hydrated thanks to the olive oil. This is one of my favorite masks to do at home.
2.Next I did my eyebrows as I usually do, and I used a skin toned eyeshadow all over the lid, and brightened up my inner tear duct. I also lined my lower waterline with a flashtoned eyepencil. Basically, I wanted to use just bright colors like my skintone or a shade lighter, stoI make my eyes look bigger, healthyer, and well rested. Lastly I applied three coats of mascara to really create doll eyed lashes.
3. For base I did not apply any foundation, but feel free to use maybe a BB cream, or a tinted moisturizer if you feel like it. (In case  you should go to work even if you are sick, or you have some errands to take care of). But I suggest you opt for a velvet or dewy finish one, not a mattifying one, that will make you look even flatter, that is not what we want.
4. Use a concealer under the eyes. I think this step is even more important than using a foundation/BB cream. It will hide your undereye bags, conceal any discoloration you might have on your skin, hide your pimples. Also, it will help creating a well rested look.
5. Lastly for the lips, I just applied a lip balm. I was just chilling in the house, so for that I didn't feel or see the need to apply a gloss or a lipstick.

Basically, I created a no-makeup makeup look. And it trully helped. I also did my hair and my nails. I hate having chipped nails or hair that is due to a wash. Just this alone instatly makes me feel more alive and put together.


I hope this post helped some of you who may be at home now and struggling with a flu.

I wish you all a great and lovely day!

No comments:

Post a Comment